Many Christians have settled for a life in Egypt (metaphorically speaking). They have settled for a life of being trapped or limited, because they are more afraid of the unknown than they are of the condition they are living in. They refuse to trust God to take the first step out and into the provisions of the Almighty. It's time that we do something. It's time that we step into God's perfect will for our lives.
Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen."
What is your Egypt: Someplace that you need God to help you move out of, a place of perceived comfort?
Are you living in freedom? Jesus Christ said that He came to set the captives free. He came to set us free. Learn how to determine if you are living in freedom or not. Are you (spiritually) in Egypt?
These are yes or no questions.
1. Regarding the condition of my heart, do I often feel alive deep inside? YES or NO
2. Is my impact on other people mostly life-giving? (family/friends/strangers) YES or NO
3. Have I shown God that I am willing to trust Him and to give control to Him? YES or NO
4. Am I (at least) on the path to discovering my God-given purpose in life? YES or NO
5. Realizing that I am not perfect and that I fall short, am I an overcomer with regard to shame, fear, doubt, disobedience, stubbornness, wickedness? Yes or No
If you have answered "No" to any of these questions, you are not living in total freedom. You are spiritually in bondage. When you are ready to make the necessary changes in your life, you may be ready to leave Egypt.
Proverbs 4:25-27 "Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you. Ponder the path of your feet; then all your ways will be sure. Do not swerve to the right or to the left; turn your foot away from evil."
IN PREPARING TO LEAVE EGYPT, you must know these 3 things.
1) 1st of all, you must understand that this is going to be a journey of radical faith.
2) You must be willing to leave behind the things and the people that will hinder you along the journey.
3) You must be willing to become a warrior. Prayer Warriors: Humble Yourself Repent Seek Him
Is what I am doing right now getting me closer to my goals?
There is a custody battle going on for your heart. Who has residency of your heart?
John 10:10 (ESV) "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly."
The thief: housebreaker: divides marriages and families
swindler: misrepresents truth
John 8:44 (ESV) "You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies."
Liar: deceiver: someone who perverts the truth, a storyteller, fabricator
What will you bring on your journey?